Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Learning with Games and Simulations

Game 1:  Interactive Coin Game

I like this interactive coin game because the coins are very life like and I feel that it truly helps children learn their coins. This game would be great for students in second and third grade learning and practicing their coin counting. I would use this in my classroom as a math center, I would be sure to be near the students to help with questions or problem dragging the coins; using a mouse can often be difficult for children with not as advanced fine motor skills.

Game 2: Matching Shapes with Krog

I like this game because of the fantastic theme of the webpage. From past experience if an educational game has an interesting theme and characters children will be drawn to it. I feel that this game offers those interesting aspects. This game would be great for kindergarteners who should be mastering shapes, while also getting the students comfortable using the mouse for their fine motor skills, and getting comfortable with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment